Bharti Airtel hikes rates of select Internet, call packs

Discussion in 'OSIANS Hangout' started by Sasta, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Again :(

News source/courtesy: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...select-internet-call-packs/article5907890.ece

2. usa11

usa11 Administrator Staff Member

Credit:
    My Broadband price increased. Received below email sometime back.

Dear Customer,

Please note, due to an increase in input cost, the rent for your airtel broadband is being revised.

Effective 26-Mar-14, the rent for your airtel broadband ID xxxxxxxxxx will be revised from Rs.1400 to Rs.1549.

It is our constant endeavor to invest in our network to bring you the best broadband experience. We continue to offer the best contention ratio in the industry which means that the speed we promise is the speed we deliver. The minimum speed available to all our customers even after they have exhausted their plan GB quota has gone up from 256 Kbps to 512 Kbps.

We remain committed to provide you the best service at all times.

3. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Got this news 2 weeks ago. Maybe data card charges hike also on the anvil.
    Regarding prepaid mobiles, rates have increased a lot compared to the cut-throat competition era.
    Earlier packs which were valid for 30 days changed to 28 days, then price for same topup increased, and now validity decreased further to 14 days :(

4. Aryan

Aryan Well-Known Member

Credit:
    even bsnl increased all plans in last month or 2. they want to make customer surrender so that they can wind up broadband business.

5. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Customers using other operators can't complain when BSNL is also there in the same league :(

6. Aryan

Aryan Well-Known Member

Credit:
    usa bhai why not using mtnl 3g or broadband. uske plans kafi economical hain. for example there is 76 wala plan that gives 1gb a week. aapke monthly expense ke hisaab se aap waise to 20 baar recharge kar sakte ho lekin 1 rc 3-4 din chal hi jayga. max apke 500-760 lagenge.

7. ALI

ALI Well-Known Member

Credit:
    but broadband wale does not give a hike message to their customer i.e. the person who r using the old plans r not require to pay the existing revised amt. Still remember some old ppl paying that low rate plan for BSNL to other landline. :)

8. Aryan

Aryan Well-Known Member

Credit:
    if those plans are specific than no. but general plans get revised means change to everyone who is availing that. for example my friend has bsnl plan of summer 400 came specially for our city which gives 2mbps speed up to 5gb and 512 5gb onwards. such plan is no more in existence but he enjoys its benefit and bsnl never touches such plan while changing tariffs. on the other hand I had ffn600 which used to give 100 calls free and night unlimited. 100 calls became only to bsnl and 600 became 630. now I have bsnl 3g 139 plan which gives 1gb data. thanks to free charge and alikes I have 150 balance spending 40-50 bucks. so its pretty cheap to run 3g now. broadband bas costly hota ja raha hai

9. usa11

Credit:
    sorry bhai , saw this just now.

In my airtel plan , I am getting a billing cap of Rs.300 for up to Rs.2000 telephone calls all over India on any network or mobile. That also with rates of 1.2 paise per second. They have discontinued this plan now but still valid for old subscribers. Comes in very handy to call relatives all over India. My main reason to stick with existing plan.
    Also having 30 GB per month.

10. KRR

KRR Moderator Staff Member

Credit:
    30 GB per month ???

11. Sasta

Sasta Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Obviously :p

12. usa11

Credit:
    They had the option of 10 or 30 along with voice call billing cap plans. Price difference was not too much so I went with 30. Now I can't even change :)

:D