Hercules XPS 2.1 40 SLIM 2.1 Multimedia Speakers at RS.3275/-

Discussion in 'All Hot Deals' started by jaypandey, Jul 11, 2013.

1. jaypandey

jaypandey Well-Known Member

Credit:
    Hercules XPS 2.1 40 SLIM 2.1 Multimedia Speakers at RS.3275/-

free shipping

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hercules-xps-21-40-slim/678915?

[​IMG]

PROS

Great sound: The Hercules XPS 2.140 Slim delivers excellent sound for its class. You get good clarity at the high end with the left-and-right satellite speakers while the wood-encased subwoofer rounds out the package by providing deep bass at the low end.
    Affordability: At $59.99, the Hercules XPS 2.140 Slim offers great bang for the buck. Let's just say it isn't exactly easy to find speakers that delivers the same overall performance at that price. The set sounds like it should cost more than what it's selling for.
    Separate adjustment: You can adjust the output of the satellite speakers and the subwoofer separately, which provides great flexibility with sound adjustment. Naturally, volume can still be adjusted via the device you're using as your music player.
    Looks nice: The satellite speakers' slim profile is visually appealing, especially when placed right next to, say, a slim monitor. Overall, both the satellites and subwoofer feature nice, clean lines that flow well. The slimmer profile of the satellites also mean they don't take much space.

CONS

Toppling issue: The Hercules XPS 2.140's slim design for its satellites comes at a price. It's quite easy for the left and right speakers to topple over, even on a smooth and solid surface. Set it on carpet and the issue becomes even more obvious. Also, while those product photos look nice and clean, one thing they don't clearly show are the device's wires. While wires are pretty much a necessary evil for speakers such as this, they also exacerbate the toppling issue with the left-and-right satellites.
    Distortion at high volume: While the device can be pushed pretty hard while maintaining its sound quality, you do start getting distortion and crackling at high volume levels. Distortion on the satellite speakers can especially be magnified by certain equalizer settings.
    No wireless remote: This is probably nitpicking on my part. But after finding myself getting off my bed several times while watching different clips to adjust for the changes in bass, I thought "Boy, it would be great if this thing had a wireless remote."

2. jaypandey

jaypandey Well-Known Member

Credit: